From the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency
My Turn Vaccine Registration Code Request
How does it work?
· Alameda County would provide you with a list of codes that you can share with your clients and community members.
· The codes are single-use (one per person), do not expire, and provide priority access to appointments that are not available to the general public.
· Codes can be used to make appointments via myturn.ca.gov, and people who need assistance can use chat.myturn.ca.gov or call the CA COVID-19 Hotline at 1-833-422-4255 (available in multiple languages).
Who is eligible?
· All Alameda County residents aged 16+ are now eligible for vaccine. 16 & 17 year olds should be accompanied by a parent/guardian when receiving their vaccine.
What vaccine is offered?
· The Coliseum offers Pfizer, which is approved for people aged 16+.
What should people expect?
· The vast majority of appointments are available as drive-through.
· There are also “walk-up” appointments that are accessible by the Coliseum’s BART pedestrian bridge and an AC Transit shuttle that runs between Coliseum BART, Eastmont Transit Hub, and the vaccine site.
· The site is staffed by a mix of state and federal contractors and employees, some of whom wear military uniforms. These individuals are here only for the humanitarian purposes of vaccine delivery.
· Vaccine is free of charge and no one is asked about immigration status.
· Onsite translation services are available.
To receive priority MyTurn Access Codes for Coliseum appointments, please complete this request tracking form. This will help us get codes out to our communities quickly, and our communities into appointments. We are encouraging folks to request in bulk and distribute amongst their clients/constituents/communities.